About the Superintendent
The 2022-2023 academic year marks the Superintendent's 32nd year in public education all of which have been served in HESD. Joy Gabler started her career with Hanford Elementary in 1991 as an English language arts and history social science teacher at Woodrow Wilson Junior High School. During her tenure with the District Ms. Gabler has also served as the Assistant Principal of Washington Elementary, the Principal of Monroe Elementary, the Principal of Lee Richmond Elementary and the Director of Professional Development. Prior to becoming the Superintendent, Ms. Gabler has served as the Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum, Instruction & Professional Development.
Ms. Gabler earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from Louisiana State University located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. She holds a Master of Arts degree in Educational Administration and Supervision from California State University, Fresno. Ms. Gabler is a long standing member of the Association of California School Administrators and the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development.
Superintendent Gabler has a strong commitment to implementing the District’s educational goals:
- HESD students will receive a broad educational program that includes English language arts, mathematics, science, history, visual and performing arts, and physical education.
- All of the students in Hanford Elementary will make progress toward proficiency on the state adopted standards, and that progress will be shared with parents and students.
- HESD will hire, support, and retain qualified teachers, support staff, and administrators.
- HESD schools will be safe and well maintained and students will have access to standards-aligned materials.
- Communication between HESD schools and home will be regular and meaningful.
Ms. Gabler is committed to the students, staff and parents of HESD as well as the community of Hanford. She is honored to serve as the Superintendent and believes in developing strong, trusting, honest relationships with staff and stakeholders in order to work collaboratively to address the needs of the District.
HESD - Promoting Excellence in all that we do!