At Hanford Elementary School District, we are committed to providing a comprehensive and developmentally-appropriate program that is designed to meet the social/emotional, academic, and career needs of all students. School counselors at HESD provide a comprehensive program through innovative and varied curriculum, to foster the growth of all students. This is accomplished by developing partnerships with students, parents, educators, and members of the community to support student success. We are committed to preparing students to become productive and responsible citizens.
The students at Hanford Elementary School District are resilient learners who passionately believe in their own abilities to succeed in school, and in life as future citizens. Student needs are addressed through a curriculum that fosters self-awareness, personal growth, responsibility, mindfulness, and appreciation of diversity to enable their success in a changing world. Student learning will be enhanced by national, global, and multicultural perspectives. The comprehensive school counseling program supports the achievement of every student and builds collaborative relationships with parents, staff, families, and community members to support the foundations of student success.
All School Counselors at HESD believe:
- A comprehensive, developmental school counseling program is not a support service but an integral part of the total education program.
- A developmentally appropriate school counseling program provides important benefits to individual students by addressing their intellectual, emotional, social, physical, and psychological needs.
- Fostering a positive self-image is the collaborative effort of the school, home, and community which leads to responsible and productive citizenship.
- Every student needs appropriate personal and social skills to achieve optimum benefits from the educational program.
- Learning is a lifelong process.
- All children are unique and should be treated with respect and dignity.
- Every student can succeed