Hanford Elementary School District welcomes Volunteers. There are many occasions throughout the year where we may need assistance from our parents and guardians. Our students have opportunities for field trips in which Volunteers are vital in ensuring the safety of our children.
HESD Board Policy, in an effort to protect the safety of students, HESD has established the following Volunteer Process
- Applicants must submit a completed Volunteer Application with a copy of your current driver's license and a current (within 60 days) TB clearance to your school office. Volunteer Forms are available in your school office or online (see links above).
- If an applicant does not have a current TB clearance, they will need to get clearance. The TB process takes approximately 2-4 days once the appointment is made.
- Applicants may be reimbursed up to $39 upon presentation of original receipt and your TB Clearance. You may go to your own medical provider or the clinic below.
Kings County Health Department - 559-584-1401, 330 Campus Dr., Hanford.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday: 8:00am - 3:30pm
- The school will complete an "Applicant Submission" form. Please take three (3) copies of the Applicant Submission form and valid picture identification (e.g., Driver's License), to the LIVESCAN (fingerprint) Service Provider below. There is no fee to the volunteer for processing livescans, the District covers the fee.
Kings County Office of Education, 1144 W. Lacey Blvd., Hanford (Round Brick Building)
Please call the KCOE LIVESCAN office at (559) 589-2500 to schedule your LIVESCAN appointment.
- Once the LIVESCAN process is completed, Kings County Office of Education will give you back 2 copies. Please return one copy of the Applicant Submission/LIVESCAN form to the school where you picked up the form. Your school site will finalize processing with the District Office.
Once your Volunteer Form, TB and DOJ/ clearances have been received by HESD Human Resources, your name will be included at the next available Board Meeting for approval. Once approval has been established, the school will be notified, and they will notify you of your clearance to volunteer. Please be wise with your Volunteer Registration and LIVESCAN forms as they hold your personal/confidential information.
Please be careful with your Volunteer Registration and LIVESCAN forms as they hold your personal/confidential information.
- Applicants must submit a completed Volunteer Application (see link above) annually.
- If TB Clearance is up to date and there have been no changes to the applicant's Live Scan results, the applicant will be cleared to continue to volunteer.
- The school office will notify the applicant for the following reasons:
- To inform the applicant of volunteer clearance.
- To inform the applicant if their TB Clearance needs to be updated.
- If there were changes to the applicant's live scan report, the Human Resources department will contact the applicant.