Main Menu

Food Services

Food Services
Breakfast and Lunch program

The Hanford Elementary School District will be implementing a new option available to schools participating in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs called the Community Eligibility Provision for the 2019 – 2020 School Year. With the implementation of CEP students will receive breakfast and lunch at no charge. We hope you will take advantage of this opportunity as we look forward to serving your students.
School meals are served to students under the National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs, following the nutrition guidelines prescribed by the Healthy, Hunger Free Kids Act of 2010, we serve whole-grain rich products; low fat and fat free milk; 100% fruit juice and a variety of fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables with every meal. Fresh Garden Bars are available at all school sites and students have the opportunity to choose healthful and nutritionally-balanced foods to eat through an “Offer Vs Serve” service where students select from a variety of options. At both breakfast and lunch, students are required to take a minimum amount of items which includes a ½ cup of fruit or vegetables or a combination of both. All meals are prepared and served in a well maintained facility by qualified child nutrition employees who hold a food safety certificate.  
Breakfast is served at all school sites Monday through Friday before school from 7:20-7:50 a.m.
During lunch, milk may be purchased as an “Ala Carte” item. A variety of other “Ala Carte” items are also available for purchase at Woodrow Wilson and Kennedy JR. High Schools. Students have the option of paying for “Ala Carte” items as they come through the serving line or through their online account, no charging will be allowed. Parents are encouraged to pay in advance by going to For non-online account deposits, envelopes are also available in the office and can be turned into the office or to the Food Service Account Clerk. Please call 585-3666 for any questions regarding your student’s account.

Prepaid money will be carried forward to the next school year and follows the student if he/she changes schools within HESD.  

Refunds: To request a refund, the parent/legal guardian must submit a written request with the following information:

  • Student’s name and school they are attending
  • Parent/Guardian name, current address and phone number.
  • Parent/Guardian must sign and date the request

Requests must be mailed to:
Hanford Elementary School District Food Services
P.O. Box 1067
Hanford, CA 93232


If the request is delivered to the school, it may be forwarded to the District Kitchen by school staff through the interoffice mail.

Dietary Needs: If your child has a food allergy that may result in a severe, life threatening reaction, you must obtain a Dietary Needs Authorization Form from your school and take the document to your child’s physician, physician’s assistant, or nurse practitioner.  

This authorization must be reviewed annually or when there is a change.  No accommodations of food substitutions shall be made until all information is received and a meeting is held.  Students who may have special medications or dietary needs due to certain food intolerances may be accommodated at HESD’s discretion.  

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027) found online at: and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.

Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  2. Fax (202) 690-7442; or
  3. Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

And Justice For All


USDA Nondiscrimination Statement 2015 (Spanish Translation)

De conformidad con la Ley Federal de Derechos Civiles y los reglamentos y políticas de derechos civiles del Departamento de Agricultura de los EE. UU. (USDA, por sus siglas en inglés), se prohíbe que el USDA, sus agencias, oficinas, empleados e instituciones que participan o administran programas del USDA discriminen sobre la base de raza, color, nacionalidad, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o en represalia o venganza por actividades previas de derechos civiles en algún programa o actividad realizados o financiados por el USDA.

Las personas con discapacidades que necesiten medios alternativos para la comunicación de la información del programa (por ejemplo, sistema Braille, letras grandes, cintas de audio, lenguaje de señas americano, etc.), deben ponerse en contacto con la agencia (estatal o local) en la que solicitaron los beneficios. Las personas sordas, con dificultades de audición o discapacidades del habla pueden comunicarse con el USDA por medio del Federal Relay Service [Servicio Federal de Retransmisión] al (800) 877-8339. Además, la información del programa se puede proporcionar en otros idiomas.

Para presentar una denuncia de discriminación, complete el Formulario de Denuncia de Discriminación del Programa del USDA, (AD-3027) que está disponible en línea en: y en cualquier oficina del USDA, o bien escriba una carta dirigida al USDA e incluya en la carta toda la información solicitada en el formulario. Para solicitar una copia del formulario de denuncia, llame al (866) 632-9992. Haga llegar su formulario lleno o carta al USDA por:

  1. correo: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  2. fax: (202) 690-7442;
  3. correo electrónico:

Esta institución es un proveedor que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades

Complaints: Complaints of discrimination or civil rights violations specifically within the school meal program will be forwarded to the CDE or the USDA.
Uniform complaint procedures are located on page 16. If dissatisfied with the District’s resolution of a complaint, the complainant has the right to appeal to the California Department of Education, Nutrition Services Division, 1430 N Street, Suite 1500, Sacramento, CA.

Earned Income Tax Credit Information Act Communication

Based on your annual earnings, you may be eligible to receive the Earned Income Tax Credit from the Federal Government (Federal EITC). The Federal EITC is a refundable federal income tax credit for low-income working individuals and families. The Federal EITC has no effect on certain welfare benefits. In most cases, Federal EITC payments will not be used to determine eligibility for Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income, food stamps, low-income housing, or most Temporary Assistance For Needy Families payments. Even if you do not owe federal taxes, you must file a federal tax return to receive the Federal EITC. Be sure to fill out the Federal EITC form in the Federal Income Tax Return Booklet. For information regarding your eligibility to receive the Federal EITC, including information on how to obtain the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Notice 797 or any other necessary forms and instructions, contact the IRS by calling 1-800-829-3676 or through its website at

You may also be eligible to receive the California Earned Income Tax Credit (California EITC) starting with the calendar year 2015 tax year. The California EITC is a refundable state income tax credit for low-income working individuals and families. The California EITC is treated in the same manner as the Federal EITC and generally will not be used to determine eligibility for welfare benefits under California law. To claim the California EITC, even if you do not owe California taxes, you must file a California income tax return and complete and attach the California EITC Form (FTB 3514). For information on the availability of the credit eligibility requirements and how to obtain the necessary California forms and get help filing, contact the Franchise Tax Board at 1-800-852-5711 or through its website at