District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC)
The District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) is made up of parents or guardians of students who are English learners and school district personnel. One DELAC parent representative is elected by each school site.
The DELAC advises the district and the local governing board on:
- Programs and services for English learners.
- The Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP)
- The development or revision of a district’s plan of education programs and services for English learners, taking into consideration the Single School Plan for Student Achievement.
- Conducting a district-wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis.
- Establishment of district programs, goals, and objectives for programs and services for English learners
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and instructional aide requirements.
- Administration of the annual language census
- The district's reclassification procedures.
- The written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians.
The DELAC meetings are from 9:00a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and are held in the Hanford Elementary District office boardroom located at 714 N. White St.
The DELAC meetings for this school year will be held on:
Meeting 1 December 12, 2019
Meeting 2 January 23, 2020
Meeting 3 March 19, 2020
Meeting 4 May 28, 2020