District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC)
The District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) is made up of parents or guardians of students who are English learners and school district personnel. One DELAC parent representative is elected by each school site.
The DELAC advises the district and the local governing board on:
- Programs and services for English learners.
- The Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP)
- The development or revision of a district’s plan of education programs and services for English learners, taking into consideration the Single School Plan for Student Achievement.
- Conducting a district-wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis.
- Establishment of district programs, goals, and objectives for programs and services for English learners
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and instructional aide requirements.
- Administration of the annual language census
- The district's reclassification procedures.
- The written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians.
2021-2022 DELAC Meeting Dates:
Note: Meetings will be held via Zoom until further notice.
Below are links to the materials for DELAC Training Session 1
Below are links to the materials for DELAC Training Session 2
Below are links to the materials from DELAC Meeting #1
Below are links to the materials from DELAC Meeting #2
Items for Upcoming Meetings