District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC)
The District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) is made up of parents or guardians of students who are English learners and school district personnel. One DELAC parent representative is elected by each school site.
The DELAC advises the district and the local governing board on:
- Programs and services for English learners.
- The Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP)
- The development or revision of a district’s plan of education programs and services for English learners, taking into consideration the Single School Plan for Student Achievement.
- Conducting a district-wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis.
- Establishment of district programs, goals, and objectives for programs and services for English learners
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and instructional aide requirements.
- Administration of the annual language census
- The district's reclassification procedures.
- The written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians.
Note that DELAC meeting #2 for the 2020-2021 school year was cancelled due to COVID-19.